Jada Pinkett & Will Smith 'spend time apart'

Jada Pinkett Smith in Uptown magazine
Jada Pinkett Smith has revealed that spending time apart from her husband Will Smith makes their relationship stronger.
The actress, who has been married to the Men in Black star for 14 years and has two children Jaden, 13, and 10-year-old Willow, with him, explained that taking breaks from each other helps their marriage.
She told Uptown: "People think that Will and I don't spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me. It's always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that."
Jada said that since becoming a mother, her children take priority.
She commented: "There was a time when all I had to worry about was myself. I'd get offers to do things - to go to Bolivia for three months or go to Prague - and now it's like, I can't.
"It's not about me anymore, it's about me being there for my kids. And there's no-one else I would leave that job to."
The 39-year-old star also defended her and Will's decision to let their children, who both have singing and acting careers, follow in their footsteps.
She added: "There are so many other kids you can worry about.
"My kids? They're going to be all right. I get why people would criticise. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment."